Skip to main content

Memorial Day Weekend in Detroit Brought Record Temps

Finally, it felt like summer in Michigan. The recordbreaking heat, although long awaited, was a total shock to many of us Michiganians. We went from weeks of being in the 40 -50ish degree mark to 90 plus degrees. Wow! It was HOT, HOT, HOT!!

I for one LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to try out my new lactose tolerant existance at....yes, you guess it....Cold Stone Creamery. I, along with my family and children's godfather, Alex, enjoyed our own ice cream creations in fresh baked waffle cups! My waffle cup was dipped in chocolate in nuts...yum!! And I ate it all right there at the store.

How'd did I feel? Well, I was pleased that my stomach was NOT erupting like Mount St. Helens...but, I did has a bit of gas and by the time I got home I did have to poop. All in all...I'm STILL very pleased with having completed the Lactagen 38-day regieme because I was NOT in any pain and my gas was NOT foul. Furthermore, I went on to eat some of my children's ice cream that was left over a day later and I had NO violent gas or urges to "sit on the throne." I just ate the ice cream and went about my day. TOTALLY UNLIKE my experiences BEFORE Lactagen! I trust that first response was about as surprising to my system as the 90+ degree temperatures we experienced this past Memorial Day holiday. Most everyone had a sunburn story from Memorial Day weekend. Florida had nothing on Michigan by way of heat index THIS Memorial Day 2006!!!

Go Lactagen!! This product rocks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!