Skip to main content

Love me some Obama

History in the making...
Senator Barack Obama has accepted the Democratic nomination for President of the United States and Joe Biden as his running mate.

[Me tryin' to kiss Sen. Obama on the cheek at the TV but Barack kept movin'...almost got his mouth (don't beat me up Michelle...just a friendly kiss of support was my intention)-- my husband (a non-Obama supporter) captured the pics]
 

Barack Obama was short on specifics as to how he would affect CHANGE in his DNC speech, but I don't see that as a BAD THING. Why get into the specifics when you don't have the "full deck of cards in hand" you'll be dealing with in Washington?? To delineate "the how" NOW could only stand as ANOTHER thing to slam Barack about when he may have to CHANGE his approach in light of new information, factors, and circumstances for which he will have NO PRIOR knowledge about UNTIL he is faced with "classified" information that only those in the Presidential circle are privy to.

For now... I'm impressed with Senator Barack Obama because he's in my age range (I'm 40 he is 44), father of ALL daughters as I am, and I just trust that when he says he plans to make America a place for his daughters (however he PLANS to do it SPECIFICALLY) he will. Further, he has support from those who have started to think in a different way about issues such as alternate fuel sources, sustainability, healthcare, education, etc. Those looking for real solutions for the biggest problems we have ever had in the world. My prayer for Barack is that he will ALWAYS have SOUND COUNSEL around him to make and carry out the tough decisions to come (Do you sense me already "crowning him" President of the USA here.) I pray he will develop and strenghthen his innermost spiritual being such that he may tap into it moment by moment and thereby NOT fail in the end. I fully trust that Michelle has his back and that the smiles and love of his own daughters WILL keep him moving forward-- for CHANGE.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! Are you kissing your TV?
CarmenNC said…
Hello there, I'm a member of NSN and you came to mind when a client was talking about make-up for women of color. She looked over the website because she can not use bismuth oxidesomethinglikethat. Can you please email her carlyn_ray@yahoo.com. Does she have to buy directly from you or on the website. Thank you, Carmen

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!