Skip to main content

Curlformers: The AFTER Follow-up... 3girlsmomma likes

I was VERY pleased with the results I got with Curlformers on my daughters' hair. These pictures are from the morning after at 6AM. My girls went to bed with the Curlformers on their hair. (I have 3 daughters but one of my twins declined to be photographed...so, you'll have to take my word for how really well her curls came out!)


What REALLY amazed me was how well my girls' curls held after a full day of school. I picked them up from school and was shocked that their curls were not standing up on their heads like Chinese fans. (Come on, parents... you KNOW the look I'm talkin' about.) My kids' caucasian caregiver even had to agree that the girls' curls held very nicely. She too had expected the cute look to have vanished by 3:15PM.

Of course, I trust the "hold" had everything to do with the aloe vera gel and hair oil I used to set the hair prior to installing the Curlformers. I use aloe vera/water spritz daily on their hair when styling.


Here are my final thoughts on Curlformers:

Pro-- Curlformers spiral curls African American hair! If you are not so sure about how to roll your hair to create perfectly neat spiral curls... Curlformers may be for you. Just be certain to smooth the hair first with your favorite setting lotion or gel before installing the Curlformers on the hair to achieve perfect spiral curls everytime. They are kinda novel to use as well (i.e. FUN & DIFFERENT!)

Con-- Curlformers are costly in comparison to creating spiral curls with the ultra inexpensive pipe cleaner or the ever available perm rod.

Try 'em... you be the judge!

Comments

Amba said…
Hi,
I'm curious about curlformers where do you get them? Your daughters hair looked lovely!!!
brunsli said…
Thank you! I'll stick to ym Soft Spike curlers.

You saved me a bunch of money!

Happy Mother's Day too!
3girlsmomma said…
Honestly, Amba and Brunsli... we [SL-ers] are better off NOT using Curlformers.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...