Skip to main content

Oh, how fast they grow!

 
Posted by Picasa
Did you think I was JUST talking about my Sisterlocks?! Gotcha! I'm and I'm not actually... I have been just so touched by how fast my kids are growing. These girls are my twins. Two-thirds of my offspring.

McKenzie here just lost her first top tooth on Friday.
While, her twin sister (the older one by 20 minutes) lost her second top tooth just the day before on Thursday.

Oh my twin babies, weren't, and aren't, they just the cutest! (Having a Mommy moment totally right here...just bare with me...)
To think... these babies (preemies born 2 months early) grow and mature much like our locs. Just continue about your everyday routine and regimen... then before you know it, you'll see major growth. You might lose a figurative tooth along the way (like that initial self-consciousness of really being nappy in a public of perm-out and weaved-up beauties), but it's all good...

'Cause guess what? We are all the happier for it. Water is now OUR friend.

Hope you, too, are enjoying your summer, Natural Journeys family!

Comments

anthia-ofo said…
They were so cute
z said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
z said…
Your twin daughters are so beautiful! I know you are a proud mom! It's interesting how our hair strongly influences our decision about exercising. It almost seems as if we went from one extreme to the other i.e. permed hair= avoid water, rain or any form of exercise that will cause you to sweat, versus, nappy hair= water is now our friend and feel free to swim, sweat and get wet! (Then again, I have issues with sand getting in my locs at the beach, lol! ) This is a great photo of you looking so peaceful as you float in the water.
DrWaddell said…
Dewdrop, girrrllll... you ARE SOOOOO RIGHT ABOUT THE SAND... YIKES!!

Thx for the compliment on my offspring. I am 3girlsmomma and so blessed by motherhood. I'm DONE, though...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!