Skip to main content

Sisterlocks Touch Lives

Take one of the longest locs you have on your head... go ahead, hold a single loc between you thumb and index fingers, examine its end... Now, think who started your locs (You? Established loctician? Friend? SL-trainee? Family-member?) Now, consider all those who have retightened your locs, mended your locs... or touched your hair to get it to its present state.

Can you list their names?
I have been SL'd 4 years. As I really began to think about how a single loc has a story, I considered my own. Paulette Brown-- started my locs as a SL trainee at her kitchen table after working her 9-to-5 job (I'm one of her "qualifying heads" towards Sisterlocks Certification). Today, she has quit her old 9-to-5. She owns her own shop in multiple locations. Her salon serves to offer experience for several other SL-trainees-- many of whom were her own clients.

Here's my longest loc... from it end to the root we've interacted with Paulette, Ericka, Atoya, myself, Robin, Ashlee, Nicole, Terrie, et al (I'm sure I'm missing somebody...) Each of these ladies have gone on to do great things for themselves, their families and certainly others with her Sisterlocks training.

Comments

Krystal said…
Hi Kecia,your sisterlocks are beautiful.Paulette does wonderful work.Ashlee has been my consultant since my transfer to Locs 4 Life about 18 months ago.She has truly brought my sisterlocks back from the dead.Atoya has even done my retightenings from time to time.She does great work as well.You're right when you say that every lock has a story.I enjoy watching your videos on You Tube.I'm going to share my pictures as soon as I figure this whole blog/digital camera thing.I'm sort of a novice at the whole computer thing LOL.I'm glad that I'm able to navigate around enough to observe all of the wonderful and creative blogs that you ladies so generously post.It helps me along in my natural hair journey;when my hair seems like it is at a standstill all I have to do is look at your blog as well as others and I know that eventually my hair will flourish also.Thank you and keep up the great work.Be blessed.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!