Skip to main content

What I Hate About My Sisterlocks Haircut

Notice how perfectly blunt my freshly cut ends appear this first photo.

Now, examine how frayed my ends appear in the second film strip framed pic (albeit, cutely camouflaged with a curled set).

Take a closer look...below in this pic with my hair free-styled...
I KNOW what is it... failing to band with consistency when washing.  It is also the result of rubbing my hair against unfriendly materials on bedsheets, sofacovers, etc. I mention the sofa because I used to sleep on my sofa WITHOUT the cover and my hair looked AWESOME. I think because of the sofa's woolen upholstery. Note to self: QUICK FIX= remove the present sofacover AND sleep on the sofa regularly. (It is so good to blog and think with y'all readers...)

At times when I wear my Sisterlocks free-styled, I totally have an afro-like cloud around the top of my head as it was just the top layer of my hair that was cut back in February of this year. It's the funniest thing... Know what I do, though?  I pat my 'fro and KEEP STEPPIN'! Granted, from THIS experience... I probably WON'T cut my hair again for another 5 years because I really feel like it's gonna be a long while for my ends to mature again. I seems that because I do pipecleaner curl my hair often my ends just get rubbed more... :-{

ANY other SUGGESTIONS about how to care for Sisterlocks after haircuts of mature locks? Any tricks of the natural hair trade out there, Sisterlocks family?? Leave comments!

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

The New Me Behind ESandB.com

Maybe I should have reintroduced myself prior to my Sisterlocks Haircut Followup post ... since I haven't blogged for over a year at ESandB.com with any regularity. Of course, my time had been directed towards completing my doctoral studies... Now, I have PhinisheD STRONG-- graduated December 2015! * TECH TIP: Fun app used here are MomentCam and Eboticon... LOVE 'EM! Dr. 3girlsmomma  / NappNine, Ph.D. is in the house!! Instructional Technology is my expertise... If ever you need personalized support with integrating technology to realize transformative teaching and learning experiences or improved productivity leveraging technology for yourself or others... the Doctor is IN theoretically...