Skip to main content

2011 Brings Change


My expectations are high for 2011-- spirit, soul and body from hair to toe! My hair ends are re-locking nicely from my first style haircut back in February of 2010. While the cut has certainly grown-out, the result is still something I can work with. What else is new? Well... as you all know, my Sisterlocks where installed by Paulette Brown of Locks4Life Natural Hair Salon. Now, Paulette has moved to out-of-state. While it has been a long time since Paulette has actually retightened my hair herself, I will always well serviced by any one of the SL Consultants of L4L. For the past year, I've been in the chair of Sabrina Sampson. Then, Sabrina opened her own shop: Lock Envy Natural Hair Salon. So, in subsequent posts and videos I'll later create, I'll be rep-pin' Lock Envy! :-)

DON'T GET IT TWISTED, though... I've got NOTHING BUT LOVE for Locks4Life!!

What else? Well, I have been working on my skin. I've got wonderful pure makeup and natural hair, but my skin was so dry. I'm seeing a dermatologist, an old high school classmate--Dr. David Spurlin, on his Peau Claire Spa side. I have had my first series of microdermabrasion treatments, and WOW, can see a difference.
Then, there are my Sisterlock'd daughters... Their Sisterlocks are comin' along beautifully!
Confident, intelligent, beautiful, responsible and God-fearing... my babies: two-thirds of 'em pictured here.

Oh, and I have applied to the doctoral program...
Like I've said... my expectations for 2011 are HIGH! It's gonna be alright...

Comments

Kreyola said…
Yours and your little girls sisterlocks looks so lovely. I love the YouTube video you did with the song by Willow Smith. Stay Blessed!
3girlsmomma said…
Thx for the love! It's a family affair.
Bonn Group said…
Check out the “Black Online News Network” (BONN) www.thebonngroup.com . BONN is the largest network of online news portals to date targeted to African Americans. Its current digital network consists of 100 unique and interconnected web sites covering a wide range of today’s hottest topics on the radars of African Americans worldwide.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!