Skip to main content

Kids Chemical Treatment... I shouldn't have!


Last year, I tried to avoid the pain and suffering my daughters endured when I combed their hair by giving them all a texturizer treatment. As we ALL know, sure it solved the combing thru "problem" but what's followed to date is hair breakage.

Chemical crack... I should know better! What I had to learn since is how to soften each of my daughters hair WITHOUT harsh chemicals. They each have very different hair textures. With me having Sisterlocks I have gotten away from all the oils and conditioners that actually benefit my girls. So I'm back to extra virgin coconut & olive oils, glycerin & distilled water, emu oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter, honey, ACV rinses, wide-tooth combs, and kinky extension hair for braiding and twists.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your girls and their hair are so beautiful! So glad you figured it out.
Anonymous said…
They look adorable in the last photos. :)

I do not have daughters {yet} or boys, but I know I would want nothing but Natural Hair for them!

Take Care~
Chocolocs said…
Your girls are beautiful and I love their natural hair. How do they feel about Sisterlocks???

I noticed that you were "following" my blog. How did you do that? I'd like to follow yours and have the "follow-my-blog" link on my Site. Let me know!

Chocolocs!!
3girlsmomma said…
Chocolocs, I see that you have now added the "Follow-my-blog". Initially, I added you to my Google Reader list by your URL. Or somethin' like that...(?)

On Sisterlock'd daughters... yes, they ARE interested in SLs! My oldest daughter for sure.
Cute girls! They look just like you!
Maxizone said…
Aw, you have lovely girls! I did the perm thing with my daughter, only to regret it as it was followed by breakage. She now has seen for herself what these things can do, so wants to join the SL club. We're going to wait until I can do self- maintenance, then she's going to get her own SLs!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...