Skip to main content

Whip My Sisterlocks Hair

We had so much fun putting this together! My three daughters 'bout break their necks dancing and performing Willow Smith's smash single "Whip My Hair" whenever they hear this tune. (Which is DAILY... since music is on-demand these days with YouTube, right?!)

I had a little time over the Thanksgiving holiday to put this together. Unfortunately, 2girlsbigsister was ill during the production but managed to get into Day 2 of trying to work this thing out. Ms.ZB was game from Day 1. Her "swag" was only minimally featured in front of the camera, but BAAAABBY that Ms.ZB has moves with attitude when this song is played.

As you can IMAGINE we ALL had headaches for awhile after rockin' out take after take, practicing and messing up! What great family FUN, though! Hilarious...

DON'T get it twisted... there is a MESSAGE TO OUR VIDEO! We are saying stay the course doin' YOU naturally. "Shake off" the haters and enjoy shakin' off relaxers, fake hair, running from the rain and water, etc. Loc'd hair is a JOURNEY... when you feel like giving up... THINK AGAIN!

Comments

LUV THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3girlsmomma said…
I'm soooo glad... we're so glad. Share the link with your friends and encourage folks to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Length to Short Bob Sisterlocks Hairstyle

Well, it has been about 2 years since my last post... (seems I'm mostly on my personal Facebook page and Google+ not to mention working towards completing my doctoral degree expected 2015 WhoopWhoop... but, I digress...) Here's what up... As the title suggests, I have gotten my length of 9 years cut into an Angled Bob. Now, while I had envisioned my Bob having a definite wedge from the side view... I guess my hair is just to fine to REALLY STACK HIGH naturally. That being said I do like my cut, but I was tickled by it because truly 'all things old become new again'. What I mean is that I HAD a permed Bob with a very short cut nape of my neck upon having my Sisterlocks installed back in 2005...and looking at my hair in 2014 it seems that I have started where I had come back then! (See the pic) Of course, THIS TIME the hair on the top of my head is chemical-free!!  This is ME with all my daughters...we all rock natural hair. My two SL'd daughters-- 2girls

Avoid Fat Sisterlocks Ends

"I want Sisterlocks like yours... I hate my fat Sisterlock ends!"   This typically happens to Sisterlock'd ends of hair with a thick soft wavy texture. After it occurs, the only remedy I have learned of to date is to CUT OFF THE OFFENDING ENDS. To avoid or control the normal swelling expected on your journey to loc maturity-- particularly, of the thick soft wavy hair type, follow the next set of rules: 1. BAND YOUR ENDS EVERY TIME YOU WASH YOUR HAIR. You may need to do so longer than the regularly prescribed time period until YOUR particular hair type locks. 2. DON'T wet, spritz or spray your ends with anything (Sisterlocks Moisture Treatment product included) unless they are banded. 3. When you shower, at the very least-- WEAR your shower caps my loc'd thick soft and wavy sistahs! Natural Journeys family, please share your fat loc'd hair end avoidance tips!

Just kidding... Lottabody DOES Work on MY Sisterlocks!

Hmmm, well, I guess I figured out  my Lottabody to Water ratio...  I sure needed to because as you can you see, I have a half bottle of the stuff yet to go... and this large bottle WILL LIKELY last me for the next 9 years... lol!