Skip to main content

New Pledge of Allegiance (Poignant...Selah)


Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore because the word "God" is mentioned.... Check out a new school prayer… written by a 15 yr. old school kid in Arizona:


Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.



If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.



Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.



For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.



We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.



We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.



We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.



It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!



Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

The New Me Behind ESandB.com

Maybe I should have reintroduced myself prior to my Sisterlocks Haircut Followup post ... since I haven't blogged for over a year at ESandB.com with any regularity. Of course, my time had been directed towards completing my doctoral studies... Now, I have PhinisheD STRONG-- graduated December 2015! * TECH TIP: Fun app used here are MomentCam and Eboticon... LOVE 'EM! Dr. 3girlsmomma  / NappNine, Ph.D. is in the house!! Instructional Technology is my expertise... If ever you need personalized support with integrating technology to realize transformative teaching and learning experiences or improved productivity leveraging technology for yourself or others... the Doctor is IN theoretically...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...