Skip to main content

Who dat gonna do her own retightenings...who dat?? Who dat!?! DAY 4: The Rhythm


Yesterday, I visited Locks4Life to have a few "corrections" made to my DIY retightening by Paulette who had taken the day off to celebrate Archie II's birthday-- her husband. So, Certified Sisterlocks Consultant Robin Simpson was holdin' down the fort. THANKS Robin!

She patiently fixed my messes, encouraged me to continue the process, reviewed my work and pointed out for me to be careful not to repeat the same rotation on the same lock resulting in very thin weakly retightened loc using some examples in my hair that I had done (YIKES!) She assured me that after correctly retightening this same lock NEXT time it should correct itself. (I sure hope so!) Robin, demonstrated how I might address my frustration with sectioning my hair off and away from the area I'm working in and even gave me a few stronger clamping hair clips. (What a huge help! Having the right tools is half the battle! Thanks AGAIN Robin-- you ROCK!)

Locks4Life Natural Salon has the most proficient Certified Sisterlocks Consultants in the Sisterlocks/Brotherlocks family! I love y'all!

Now, on to TODAY...DAY 4: I feel pretty confident today y'all...dare I say that I have now a RHYTHM even goin'! My goal is to be completely finished with my own SL retightening by Saturday, June 28 (my original retightening date at Locks4Life) My goal is to visit the salon and go, "TA DAH!!"

Oh, by the way... my right arm began aching on DAY 3 around midnight as I retightened my hair-- equal time, I guess! I am not in pain today however. So I may even skip my Motrin piece today. I'll just have my breakfast, supplements and get to retightening.

I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... I'm GETTING THERE... I'M GETTING IT DONE...I'M DOIN' IT AND KINDA FEELIN' MY OWN RHYTHM.

While I do have a sense of confidence & all that jazz... I STILL feel that when I go back to work in the fall that I'll probably be back to the salon for retightenings... but I'll see... I'm sure NO about wasting money. But then again, TIME IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN MONEY. We'll see...maybe it's still too early to tell...

Thanks again so very much Robin! Oh, and I forgot to mention online that your new Sisterlock'd bob haircut is sooooo flattering. I'll have to post a new pic of Robin with her new "do"... perhaps, I'll take the picture on Saturday when I visit the salon with my completed retightened Sisterlocks-- YEAH!! (Gotta keep my eyes on the prize... GOTTA GET OFF THIS COMPUTER TOO AND GET STARTED!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...