Skip to main content

Strange and Wonderful Things About Locs

I was just thinking about the comments I've heard about my hair now loc'd as well as some of the things I've experienced wearing Sisterlocks lo these 3 years.

COMMENT: "Your hair looks more feminine now... I like it on you!"

EXPERIENCE: My locs are long enough now to get into things like my food when I eat, the water fountain, my toothpaste lather when I brush my teeth in the morning & night.

COMMENT: "When are you gotta take that out?!"

EXPERIENCE: My locs get caught under my husband's arm in bed or when they tickle my back and shoulders in the summertime makin' me swat like crazy. I think what I'm feeling is a BUG (this really happens when I wear an updo and a loc or two hangs down unexpectantly)

COMMENT: "I thought where going to the salon to get your hair DONE?" (Said usually after a retightening session... 'cause they see no "change")

COMMENT: "I didn't know OUR HAIR could bounce like that!" (My hair DOES have exceptional body these days a testament to the ability to wash my hair frequently and the elimination of hair oil, grease or pomade.)

Comments

DJT said…
Sounds like hateration to me. Your hair looks awesome!
LocRockn' said…
I love your blog..Keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

The New Me Behind ESandB.com

Maybe I should have reintroduced myself prior to my Sisterlocks Haircut Followup post ... since I haven't blogged for over a year at ESandB.com with any regularity. Of course, my time had been directed towards completing my doctoral studies... Now, I have PhinisheD STRONG-- graduated December 2015! * TECH TIP: Fun app used here are MomentCam and Eboticon... LOVE 'EM! Dr. 3girlsmomma  / NappNine, Ph.D. is in the house!! Instructional Technology is my expertise... If ever you need personalized support with integrating technology to realize transformative teaching and learning experiences or improved productivity leveraging technology for yourself or others... the Doctor is IN theoretically...