Skip to main content

I'm lovin' Obama, but now...

What I'm about to say is not going to be popular... but liken this transformation to the continued maturation process that we loc'd sistahs/brothers go thru when making the decision to loc or not. I love the idea of the beautiful Obama family in the White House, but I now am not sure I can support Obama with my official vote come November 4th. Yes, the same ME who donated money to his campaign, stood in long lines in Detroit on Labor Day this year, who penned the previous posts http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/03/barak-praise-lordenough-said.html, http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/09/labor-day-2008-in-detroit-with-obama.html, http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/06/prayer-for-barack.html, and my famous pic at this post http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/08/love-me-some-obama.html.

Upon deeper research, I can't honor Obama with my official vote because I don't agree with 75% of his politics or values. I realize I like others that I really want CHANGE on the face and actions of American politics. And WOW... how that could be accomplished with Obama on the FACE of America alone. But, now that I co-teach economics on the high school level and have RECENTLY studied history in various contexts... The CHANGE we may change see in American politics may be too far from what I fundamentally believe in for my comfort level.

We are all so focused on our wallets and self interests that we may lose a lot more. I don't want to ever hear myself pray: "Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four supreme court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy."

I won't be voting for McCain by default either. I am a registered voter whose "affiliation" is INDEPENDENT for a reason.

I will continue to pray for those in authority according to my Christian faith-- on EVERY level local, city, state, and federal.

Don't get me wrong... I have every intention on exercising my right to vote November 4th... I'm looking at third parties. My vote WILL NOT be held hostage!

Comments

Quietspirit said…
I applaud you for making this post. This has been on my mind so much that I can't even speak about it. I don't think that we as a nation really understand what freedom is all about. Will we become so politically liberal that religious rights will be suppressed and Christians will be forced underground? Economics cloud the real issues and confound most of us.
Anonymous said…
Why do people think that Democrats are not Christian? Or better yet, what does another person's lifestyle have to do with what I believe? If Christians are going underground, why are there churches on almost every corner in America?
Shavonne said…
I thought I was the only black person who didn't feel right about voting for Obama. I'd also rather jump off of a cliff than vote for McCain. I don't see much of a difference in their politics.

I'm not Christian but I understand why you cast your vote based on faith. I'm probably not as extreme as you are, but I can't turn my head to partial-birth abortions because I think it's horrific and should be classified as outright murder.
3girlsmomma said…
Thx for your feedback, readers! Hopefully, you'll visit again because I'm unable to reply to you directly because your email address is disabled.

In reply to quietspirit, people worldwide have been so abused by the bondage and legalism of "religious systems" -- which is not true spirituality-- that anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) that bespeaks of God or Christ is directly being eliminated. It is a shame—on both sides (liberal & conservatives). Conservatives need not be so self-righteous and hypacritical. Liberals should recognize that freedom SHOULD mean the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action WITH responsibility to others born out of a loving Creator shed abroad to ALL His creation— even those who liberals don’t agree with themselves.

In reply to anonymous, you asked “Why do people think that Democrats are not Christian?” This sentiment is born out of this present two-party system. It SEEMS people are saying one is righteous and the other unrighteous; one is saint and the other sinner. That is NOT what I’m saying at all. I’m saying that we shouldn’t always have a make a call between the “lesser of two evils”. There SHOULD be other options that are representative of OTHER viewpoints. You can find these OTHER VOICES online and it IS a beautiful thing!

You also asked, “what does another person's lifestyle have to do with what I believe?” Oh, it is simple… No man is an island unto himself. Belief is an important part in every member of mankind’s being a
piece of the whole. I share some fundamental beliefs with Obama. Don’t get me wrong… I still LOVE me some Obama, but for reasons I now realize are NOT every aspect of his politics or values.

In reply to shavonne, if I’m “extreme” then perhaps you may be as well because you and I are entirely on the same page about partial-birth abortions. You said it best—“I think it's horrific and should be classified as outright murder.” AMEN my non-Christian sistah… It just ain’t right ANYWAY you look at it.


Enable your EMAIL reply option, readers!! I would love to talk with YOU! Thx for visiting do subscribe and/or come again!
Titus 2 Thandi said…
Amen to that-"Why choose the lesser of two evils?" You're the first Christian whose blog I've read who has realised that it's better not to vote than to support something God would definately not support. Keep strong, and continue witnessing.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

The New Me Behind ESandB.com

Maybe I should have reintroduced myself prior to my Sisterlocks Haircut Followup post ... since I haven't blogged for over a year at ESandB.com with any regularity. Of course, my time had been directed towards completing my doctoral studies... Now, I have PhinisheD STRONG-- graduated December 2015! * TECH TIP: Fun app used here are MomentCam and Eboticon... LOVE 'EM! Dr. 3girlsmomma  / NappNine, Ph.D. is in the house!! Instructional Technology is my expertise... If ever you need personalized support with integrating technology to realize transformative teaching and learning experiences or improved productivity leveraging technology for yourself or others... the Doctor is IN theoretically...