Skip to main content

Mouse-Potatoes Unite!

Do YOU spent 5+ hours online or gaming?

You might be a... mouse-potato.

Our digital culture has given rise to Internet lingo. Enter the mouse potato.
I think I have found myself with a twist... because I'm not particularly overweight (although I have put on some weight of recent...) nor am I a habitual snacker.

A mouse potato is the computer equivalent of television's couch potato. Someone who tends to spend a great deal of leisure time in front of the computer in much the same way the couch potato does in front of the television.

Here's where I differ... a recent survey by the American Snack Food Association found that 85% of Web surfers snack at the computer. It has been observed that this habitual nibbling and relative inactivity can lead to development of a characteristic potato-like body form.

The Web's main lure for me is variety at the speed of thought! Now with these wonderful social networking sites and Web 2.0 apps, I can speed crazy hours online due to the capacity for interaction, an expression of personal creativity and an appetite for information of specific interest like Sisterlocks and other natural hair, skin and body care tidbits as well as WHATEVER the heck crosses my mind!

Don't get me started on how wonderful wireless technology has been for my HABIT!

I LOVVVVVEE the 'Net!

On the up-side... I have got to believe that my brain activity is HIGH. No Alzheimer's here... I get much mental stimulation. Yet, it IS probably counteracted by a lack of sleep-- which is NOT GOOD. I don't know about you but I totally lose track of time. I'm sometime shocked when I look at the time in the lower right side of my computer monitor. Well... like NOW for instance... goin' to bed...
It is a school night and I'm past my bed time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...

The New Me Behind ESandB.com

Maybe I should have reintroduced myself prior to my Sisterlocks Haircut Followup post ... since I haven't blogged for over a year at ESandB.com with any regularity. Of course, my time had been directed towards completing my doctoral studies... Now, I have PhinisheD STRONG-- graduated December 2015! * TECH TIP: Fun app used here are MomentCam and Eboticon... LOVE 'EM! Dr. 3girlsmomma  / NappNine, Ph.D. is in the house!! Instructional Technology is my expertise... If ever you need personalized support with integrating technology to realize transformative teaching and learning experiences or improved productivity leveraging technology for yourself or others... the Doctor is IN theoretically...