Skip to main content

Move Over Knotty Boy: Sanaa Zuri Conditions Sisterlocks!

Used with permission of Sanaa Zuri's Skin Care Solutions, LLC
Loc'd hair thrives on products that are residue –free and offer moisture, but not to the point of causing the loc to swell even after it’s dry. Using Sanaa Zuri’s  More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with CALENDULA- a natural emollient that softens and soothes the hair & scalp while adding sheen,  I experienced locs that were soft to the touch. I initially used Sanaa Zuri’s  More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with Calendula as a leave-in conditioner that I applied to my already dry and curled Sisterlocks. I used about a nickel-size amount in my hand that I applied throughout my dry and pipe-cleaner curled SLs. I just knew that I was about to lose all my curls being that the Sanaa Zuri’s  More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner instantly softened my hair to the touch. To my surprise days later I still had curls!! I had merely followed my normal nightly regimen when I have curls: stuff my locs into a fishnet-like cap at night. It seemed that even scrunching my hair in the cap curled it more. I had not added anymore Sanaa Zuri’s More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with Calendula to my hair. I applied Sanaa Zuri’s More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with Calendula to my daughters’ locs and they too had the same effect. WE LOVE the Sanaa Zuri’s More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with CALENDULA for our Sisterlocks!!

On my other daughter’s loose virgin hair however using Sanaa Zuri’s More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with Calendula used as directed (applied and rinsed out completely) made the detangling process a BEAST…but once we got past that task and began flat ironing her hair, I was astonished at how few swipes of the flat iron was required to reveal super straightened, soft and shiny hair. My daughter’s hair remained straight and shiny days beyond her usual touch-ups again with the flat-iron.
  
My guess is that whatever the calendula does to the hair to “tangle it” is BENEFICIAL and just WORKS for loc-wearers. The result is a tighten loc whether the Sanaa Zuri’s  More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with CALENDULA is used as a leave-in or applied and rinsed out completely.  I think loc-wearer have a NEW ALTERNATIVE in conditioning locs. DISCLAIMER: Both the daughters’ and my Sisterlocks ARE MATURE and can stand conditioning.  However, I do have some locs that have broken off and now are NOT loc’d to the end. These broken off ends must seal all over again and so far I’m  LOVIN’ how the Sanaa Zuri’s  More Moisture Silkening Hair Conditioner with CALENDULA  seems to moisturize, strengthen and  LOCK (tangle) the ends in a manner that seems, in my opinion, to promote accelerated locking. PLEASE TAKE NOTE that these are MY CLAIMS and NOT that of Sanaa Zuri's Skin Care Solutions, LLC.  I’m just saying…it worked like that for my Sisterlock’d hair... My hair has never softer, yet TIGHT... and I ♥ it! It's the best of both worlds...


Try it out! Post your results...

Comments

Interesting post, we are shocked you don't know about the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks easier,faster. It detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.

It also prevents hair breakage no matter how long your braids or weaves are in. It is great for women who are transitioning to natural hair from relaxers as well.

It is not a water based or glycerine based product-so it works on every type of hair texture, every head, every time.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm A "Green" Diva

This post is probably TMI about me... but health and wellness are things I am passionate about from head to toe, inside and out-- to include menstrual health. Any of you heard of The DivaCup? I use to sell it at my online store. I'm now out of stock. The other day I got to thinking how long it has been since I first started using a menstrual cup in lieu of tampons. It's been about 4 years now at least. I'm sure it was either shortly before or after I got Sisterlocks Either way... it too is a decision I don't regret making much like my decision to get Sisterlocks. I had been a tampon user since a teen and had become increasingly concerned about toxic shock syndrome. Not because I had ever experienced any symptoms but I just got to wonderin' were there any OTHER options to tampons and pads. Oh the wonder of the Internet... I got to Googlin' up some stuff and lo and behold... alternatives existed and had existed for years. You may be amazed as I was that there ...

Lacefront Wig+Infant Child = FOOLISHNESS

Isn't she just a human baby doll... precious in all her ways?!?! Can you believe that the mom who did this to her child is quoted as saying, “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce!” I pray this was just a joke... poor lil baby. I read about this story here It just ain't right!!

Pipe Cleaner, Spoolies, and Wrap-A-Loc Tool Sisterlocks Spiral Curls

Here are my results from using pipe cleaners, Spoolies (hair spools) and the Wrap-A-Loc tool . I only use black in case of pipe cleaner shedding. Of course, to avoid shedding issues and snagging from the inexpensive pipe cleaner, I do recommend UPGRADING to the Wrap-A-Loc Tool. (Times got a lil' tight in MY household financially so I haven't yet purchased the longer Wrap-A-Loc Tool that WOULD accommodate my new hair length. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get stuff done, ya know... ) Click play button to see more pics. Nowadays, I only use my Spoolies and Wrap-A-Loc tools for a single strand of loc that I may have missed; but only because the amount of hair these particular size tools hold have become limited since I have more length AND thickness per loc. I just let these curls hang all day. I never broke him up at all. I really liked the look! LASHES: Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Thickening SKIN: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel and Giovanni Organic Body C...