Skip to main content

One year AFTER the Sisterlocks Haircut

So, you've seen my video... now, what's holding YOU back about making your personal Sisterlocks decisions??
You might ask, WHAT SISTERLOCKS DECISIONS do I even have? 

Well, are you vacillating over questions with regard to your natural hair in general? to the present condition of your Sisterlocks today? or, to scheduling a Sisterlocks install appointment? How about the following questions:
  • Can I afford Sisterlocks upkeep? (Good question... if you are NOT a DIYer)
  • How much do I care about what other people think about me?
  • Are you ready to BE-U-TIFUL*, shameless and fearless? (DAILY BAEZ's word...I like it!)
  • Should I take the plunge into Sisterlocks in stages? No BIG CHOP just yet...just loc the new growth? 
  • Are am damaging my Sisterlocks by NOT cutting them?
  • Can I resist loc envy and stay the course whatever my stage in the process?
You'll note that the motivating crux of all these questions is your MINDSET. Your mindset mediated by your own sense of identity, worth, and ability.  May I be the first to say, "YOU GOT THIS"...but, ONLY if YOU believe that you've got this and ONLY if you are committed to engaging in the PROCESS! Believe me, the process of cultivating your Sisterlocks is a natural hair journey of growth on spiritual, mental, and physical levels.

How many of YOU out there can attest to this fact??

Speak out... post a comment and let's chat. If not here, feel free to befriend me on Facebook.

LIKE - SHARE - COMMENT
BUY George's Aloe Vera - http://bit.ly/1LwKOFO
BUY Skintelligence® pH Skin Normalizer -http://bit.ly/1Zb1Tan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Length to Short Bob Sisterlocks Hairstyle

Well, it has been about 2 years since my last post... (seems I'm mostly on my personal Facebook page and Google+ not to mention working towards completing my doctoral degree expected 2015 WhoopWhoop... but, I digress...) Here's what up... As the title suggests, I have gotten my length of 9 years cut into an Angled Bob. Now, while I had envisioned my Bob having a definite wedge from the side view... I guess my hair is just to fine to REALLY STACK HIGH naturally. That being said I do like my cut, but I was tickled by it because truly 'all things old become new again'. What I mean is that I HAD a permed Bob with a very short cut nape of my neck upon having my Sisterlocks installed back in 2005...and looking at my hair in 2014 it seems that I have started where I had come back then! (See the pic) Of course, THIS TIME the hair on the top of my head is chemical-free!!  This is ME with all my daughters...we all rock natural hair. My two SL'd daughters-- 2girls

Avoid Fat Sisterlocks Ends

"I want Sisterlocks like yours... I hate my fat Sisterlock ends!"   This typically happens to Sisterlock'd ends of hair with a thick soft wavy texture. After it occurs, the only remedy I have learned of to date is to CUT OFF THE OFFENDING ENDS. To avoid or control the normal swelling expected on your journey to loc maturity-- particularly, of the thick soft wavy hair type, follow the next set of rules: 1. BAND YOUR ENDS EVERY TIME YOU WASH YOUR HAIR. You may need to do so longer than the regularly prescribed time period until YOUR particular hair type locks. 2. DON'T wet, spritz or spray your ends with anything (Sisterlocks Moisture Treatment product included) unless they are banded. 3. When you shower, at the very least-- WEAR your shower caps my loc'd thick soft and wavy sistahs! Natural Journeys family, please share your fat loc'd hair end avoidance tips!

Just kidding... Lottabody DOES Work on MY Sisterlocks!

Hmmm, well, I guess I figured out  my Lottabody to Water ratio...  I sure needed to because as you can you see, I have a half bottle of the stuff yet to go... and this large bottle WILL LIKELY last me for the next 9 years... lol!